Activa Patient Programmer
Up to four individualised settings can be pre-programmed by the doctor, enabling optimal symptom control for the patient.
The new Activa® Patient Programmer is a highly intuitive controller that provides smart, targeted symptom management alongside Medtronic’s next-generation Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) neurostimulators: the Activa RC and Activa PC family.
Medtronic DBS is a proven and effective therapy for reducing troublesome motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, and essential tremor. It can also significantly improve overall quality-of-life for patients with these conditions.1
The new Activa Patient Programmer is designed to give patients more clarity and control when managing their therapy. Key benefits of the Activa Patient Programmer include:
- Tailored Stimulation – The Activa Patient Programmer allows patients to work closely with their doctor to choose the level of DBS therapy that is right for them. This provides optimal symptom control for many different situations, by allowing up to four pre-programmed stimulation patterns or groups.
- Simple Status Check – The Activa Patient Programmer allows patients to easily check the status of the device with the icon-based LCD screen.
- Two User Modes – The Activa Patient Programmer can be switched between Simple and Advanced Modes.
- Simple Mode allows patients to check battery- and therapy-status at the touch of a button.
- Advanced Mode enables patients to make more detailed adjustments, allowing them to switch from four programme settings for optimal therapy control. For example, in Advanced Mode, patients switch from one active physician-programmed therapy pattern to another, depending on their current, specific needs.
- Deuschl G et al. NEJM 2006.
Information on this site should not be used as a substitute for talking with your doctor.
Always talk with your doctor about diagnosis and treatment information.
Last updated: 27 Oct 2010